The Best Days Counseling Shoplifting Intervention Program is facilitated by Kathy Glover, MS. The program’s purpose is to prevent recurring shoplifting behaviors by working with first-time offenders in an educational program.
The Shoplifting Intervention Program is an education and remediation program for beginning offenders charged with shoplifting. It is a sentencing alternative that is used by the Court either as a pre-trial referral or as a condition of sentence. The program examines shoplifting behavior, legal and social consequences are discussed, needs are identified and problems that led to the behavior are addressed, and total responsible behavior is reinforced.
Our Program Rationale:
1. The Shoplifting Intervention Program is designed to provide opportunities for offenders to understand the true impact of shoplifting on their community as well as themselves.
2. The Shoplifting Intervention Program reinforces the message that shoplifting is a serious crime, without the program appearing punitive.
3. Duration of treatment provides an appropriate level of intensity and is somewhat proportionate in length in relation to other successful programs.
4. Requires commitment from offenders without being overly burdensome in regard to treatment compliance.
· Offenders are responsible for all costs incurred.
· Attendance is required for all sessions. Completion of assignments is required for all participants.
· The program is scheduled to begin on a monthly, or as needed basis.
· The program will address variables of shoplifting behaviors and interventions.
· Attention will be given to causal factors that contribute to maladaptive compensation and to the prevention of future behaviors.
· Attendance and completion of assignments are required for satisfactory completion of the program.
· Offenders agree to take responsibility for the offense as a condition of participation.
· Cost: we attempt to balance affordability with convenience by offering these options:
o $150 fee, of which $35 is paid at the time of registration for intake fee and $10 for workbook. The balance is paid in $25 installments per session.
o Discount if paid in advance, total $125 total, which includes intake, book and all five sessions.
o $125 “full day” alternative, Saturday, once per month. 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. This option works well with individuals who might be required to commute long distances and/or have work or child care difficulties.